Can I Apply For NSFAS 2024 Now?
Can I Apply For NSFAS 2024 Now? No, you cannot submit for NSFAS for the 2024 academic year at this time. The application cycle for NSFAS funding normally opens towards the end of each year for the following academic year.
The exact dates for the opening and closing of applications for the 2024 academic year have not been announced yet. However, NSFAS usually makes an announcement through its official website and social media channels, so it is important to stay updated and check for any updates from NSFAS.
When the application cycle begins, you will be asked to submit an online application form along with all relevant supporting documentation, such as a certified copy of your ID, academic transcripts, and proof of income. Before submitting your application, it’s critical to confirm that you fit all eligibility requirements because doing so will improve your chances of receiving funds.
Even though you cannot apply for NSFAS at this time for the 2024 academic year, it is crucial to be aware of when the application cycle will start. By compiling all the required paperwork and making sure you meet the qualifying requirements, you may get ready for the application process. If you are eligible, NSFAS is an excellent chance to take advantage of since it helps students from underprivileged backgrounds afford higher education.
READ ALSO: NSFAS Application Online 2024-2025
What does the NSFAS funding cover?
Applicants who are approved for NSFAS funding are covered for:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
After your funding is confirmed, you may also receive allowances for the following:
- Living allowance
- Learning Material
- Personal Care
- Accommodation or Transport
Who Qualify To Receive NSFAS Funding
To qualify for bursaries, applicants must adhere to four fundamental standards;
- every South African national
- All winners of SASSA grants are eligible for funding
- applicants whose annual household combined income does not exceed R350 000
- A disabled person: The total annual household income cannot exceed R600,000.
- students who started their studies before 2024 and whose household income is not higher than R122 000 annually
Requirement needed to apply for NSFAS
In order for NSFAS to submit your financing application in time for your enrollment at an institution of higher learning, it’s critical that you provide the proper supporting documentation. The supporting documents that are needed are:
- Every applicant must submit a copy of their ID. The Department of Home Affairs’ temporary ID is acceptable.
- Non-SASSA applicants need to submit ID documents of their spouses, parents, or legal guardians.
- Smart ID cards: a copy with the smart ID on both sides is required.
- If appropriate (non-SASSA), the applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian(s), and/or spouse must produce the most recent payslip, an appointment letter, and/or a retrenchment letter as proof of income.
- Driver’s licenses and passports are not acceptable forms of identification.
What are the requirements to apply?
must be a permanent resident or a citizen of South Africa. No one shall have a combined total household income of more than R350 000 per year. The combined gross household income of people with disabilities should not be higher than R600,000. SASSA recipients are automatically eligible based on their financial situation Email and a mobile number are required. students who began their studies before 2018 and whose household incomes do not exceed R122 000 annually.
NSFAS Monthly Allowance In 2024/2025
The following monthly payments can be expected:
- Educational Resources (Books): R433
- Living Expenses: R1250
- Incidental Provisions: R241
- Travel Costs: R625
- Accommodation: Value is dependent on each student
How Long Can You Be Funded By NSFAS?
Based on the number of funds available each year, NSFAS will only provide support for a maximum of five years if you meet the criteria for eligibility under the means test. You will be responsible for paying for yourself until you graduate if you regularly change your program of study and it takes you longer than five years to finish your certificate.
The process to Apply Online for NSFAS
The detailed steps listed below should be followed in order to submit an NSFAS application.
- the website www.nsfas.org.za
- Register for a MyNSFAS account.
- After selecting the Apply tab, enter the necessary details in the space provided.
- Upload the essential files as needed.
- To email your NSFAS application, click Submit.
READ ALSO: How Do I Apply For NSFAS For The First Time?
On January 1, 2024, the NSFAS online application for the subsequent academic year will become active. Only on the NSFAS application opening date are applicants able to see and submit award applications.
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet inquiries
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
Read more on Nsfas HERE
RELATED USEFUL LINKS