Does Tut Offer Teaching?
Does Tut Offer Teaching? YES, TUT offers teaching in their institution. Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is one of the largest universities of technology in South Africa, offering a wide range of programs in various fields of study. One of the fields of study offered at TUT is Education, which includes teacher education programs for aspiring educators. Tshwane University of Technology offers a variety of teaching programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These programs are designed to prepare students for careers in teaching, educational management, and related fields. The following are some of the teaching programs offered at TUT:
TUT Teaching Courses
- Bachelor of Education (BEd):
This is a four-year undergraduate degree program that provides students with a solid foundation in teaching methods, curriculum development, and educational theory. The program is designed for students who want to become teachers in primary or secondary schools.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE):
This is a one-year postgraduate program that is designed for graduates who want to become teachers. The program provides students with practical experience in the classroom and covers topics such as curriculum development, assessment, and educational policy.
- Bachelor of Education Honours (BEd Hons):
This is a one-year postgraduate program that provides students with advanced knowledge and skills in teaching and education. The program is designed for students who want to further their studies in education or pursue careers in educational management.
READ ALSO: TUT Faculty of Education Prospectus 2024
Minimum general admission requirements for study at TUT
No person may be registered as a student in a programme of TUT unless he or she has complied with the following
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- The following table indicates the levels of performance required for entry to specific levels of study:
TUT Requirements NSC – Gaps your profile
Results format for the new NSC-G and the minimum admission requirements for TUT:
|80 – 100
|70 – 79
|Degree substantial achievement
|60 – 69
|Diploma adequate achievement
|50 – 59
|Foundation moderate achievement
|40 – 49
|30 – 39
|0 – 29
Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy?
All learners are required to take one of the two subjects for NSC-G purposes
- Mathematics is relevant to programmes that require prior knowledge of mathematics; all others may only require Mathematical Literacy. (Details of what each subject entails can be determined by looking at the DoE curriculum statements, available on the DoE website).
READ ALSO: How Do I Log Into My TUT Portal?
How To Apply TUT Online Application 2024-2025
- To begin the application process at TUT, please click here.
- On the top right corner of the screen, click ‘Apply Now.’
- Choose whether or not you have a student number (If this is your first time applying you will not have a student number yet)
- Choose whether you are returning to finish an application.
- Choose whether or not you have a Qualification. Token Specific (this token was only given to specific students to show them a pre-defined list of qualifications)
- To the consent form, click ‘I Accept.’
- Stick to the instructions provided throughout the application.