TUT Admission Requirements for 2024/2025
TUT Admission Requirements for 2024/2025, How much is the application fee for TUT 2024
Minimum general admission requirements for study at TUT
No person may be registered as a student in a programme of TUT unless he or she has complied with the following
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- The following table indicates the levels of performance required for entry to specific levels of study:
TUT Requirements NSC – Gaps your profile
Results format for the new NSC-G and the minimum admission requirements for TUT:
|80 – 100
|70 – 79
|Degree substantial achievement
|60 – 69
|Diploma adequate achievement
|50 – 59
|Foundation moderate achievement
|40 – 49
|30 – 39
|0 – 29
Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy?
All learners are required to take one of the two subjects for NSC-G purposes
- Mathematics is relevant to programmes that require prior knowledge of mathematics; all others may only require Mathematical Literacy. (Details of what each subject entails can be determined by looking at the DoE curriculum statements, available on the DoE website).
Important Information to TUT Application
- A non-refundable fee of R240 for the application, and certified copies of your identity document, Senior Certificate/National Senior Certificate, and all other relevant documents must accompany the application.
- The application fee can be deposited beforehand at ABSA BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 04 000 0003 In the Reference column, please fill in your identity number. NB: Do not use this account number for any further payments.
- This page will guide you on how to proceed with your application
- If you already have a student number, we will provide a URL to log into the institution Portal
- If you are a new applicant please continue with your application