TUT Emalahleni Residence
TUT Emalahleni Residence
The Emalahleni residence is a mixed modern, comfortable and secure accommodation, located on TUT university campus, providing students with easy access to lectures, library and other facilities and also, provides students with a comfortable and secure living environment. TUT Emalahleni campus, located in Mpumalanga, provides a safe and secure residence for students to study, live and engage in social activities. TUT Emalahleni Residence serves as a home to a number of social activities meant to assist our students grow academically and socially.
TUT Emalahleni Residence apartments are fully furnished with beds, desks, chairs, and wardrobes for both genders. Also there are other facicilties which includes a laundry room, Wi-Fi, a common room with a television, and recreational areas. The residence is made up of recreational areas such as a swimming pool, braai area, and a basketball court, allowing students to relax their brain and muscles after a long day of studying.
There is availability of CCTV cameras installed throughout the campus to monitor activity, and security patrols are conducted regularly for the sake of safety and precautions.
TUT Emalahleni Residence Directorate of Student Development and Support (SDS)
- Comprehensive and proactive life skills programme (personal, social and academic outcomes) and extensive student mentorship programme in the area of academic tutoring, disability support, social support and career support.
- Specialist counselling and therapeutic support parallel to the above and to address individual problems at personal and academic levels (personal, career and study counselling).
- Specialist services for students with disabilities.
- Potential assessment for admission as a professional support mechanism to academic departments.
- Student profiling on first-time entry for early identification of academic risk factors and early interventions.
- Reading, language and writing proficiency development as critical academic skill interventions.
- Research, quality assurance and monitoring mechanisms.
- Management, coordination and monitoring of foundational provisions in all TUT faculties.
- Career counselling
- Study counselling and support
- Personal counselling and therapy
- Student learning centre
- Student mentorship
- Social support and psycho-education
- Students with disability
- Life skills
- Academic Assessment Centre:
- Potential assessment
- Student profiling
Students from this residence attend classes at the following campuses: eMalahleni