www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024-2025
www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024-2025
To apply for funding, students must create an account on the website, fill out an application form with their personal and financial details, and submit any necessary documents. The application process is only open during specific periods, and students should check the website for updates on when the application window is open.
The NSFAS application procedure is an important resource for students who need financial aid to pursue their studies. By providing a simple and accessible online application process, NSFAS helps to ensure that all students have equal access to educational opportunities regardless of their financial situation. The website also offers vital information and assets to support students navigate the financial aid application procedure and selecting their educational path.
To apply for financial assistance from NSFAS through the “www.nsfas.org.za” website, you need to follow these process:
READ ALSO: TUT Faculty of Education 2024-2025
What are the requirements to apply?
must be a permanent resident or a citizen of South Africa. No one shall have a combined total household income of more than R350 000 per year. The combined gross household income of people with disabilities should not be higher than R600,000. SASSA recipients are automatically eligible based on their financial situation Email and a mobile number are required. students who began their studies before 2018 and whose household incomes do not exceed R122 000 annually.
How Long Can You Be Funded By NSFAS?
Based on the number of funds available each year, NSFAS will only provide support for a maximum of five years if you meet the criteria for eligibility under the means test. You will be responsible for paying for yourself until you graduate if you regularly change your program of study and it takes you longer than five years to finish your certificate.
Requirement needed to apply for NSFAS
In order for NSFAS to submit your financing application in time for your enrollment at an institution of higher learning, it’s critical that you provide the proper supporting documentation. The supporting documents that are needed are:
- Every applicant must submit a copy of their ID. The Department of Home Affairs’ temporary ID is acceptable.
- Non-SASSA applicants need to submit ID documents of their spouses, parents, or legal guardians.
- Smart ID cards: a copy with the smart ID on both sides is required.
- If appropriate (non-SASSA), the applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian(s), and/or spouse must produce the most recent payslip, an appointment letter, and/or a retrenchment letter as proof of income.
- Driver’s licenses and passports are not acceptable forms of identification.
READ ALSO: TUT Faculty of Education Prospectus 2024
What academic standards apply to NSFAS bursaries?
To be eligible for NSFAS financing to attend a TVET college, you must have completed Grades 9 through 12, and Grade 12 to be eligible for funding to attend a university or TVET college. Before receiving any financing from NSFAS if your application for funding is approved, you must fulfill the university’s or TVET college’s academic admission standards.
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen.
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable
- Click on ‘Submit’
NSFAS Monthly Allowance In 2024-2025
The following monthly payments can be expected:
- Educational Resources (Books): R433
- Living Expenses: R1250
- Incidental Provisions: R241
- Travel Costs: R625
- Accommodation: Value is dependent on each student
Which institutions receive financing from NSFAS?
Only qualified students who have applied to and been accepted at public universities and TVET colleges for an approved sponsored program will get financial aid from NSFAS. If you are or will be enrolled in a private institution of higher learning, we cannot give you financial assistance.
Read more on Nsfas HERE
OTHER RELATED LINKS